What is the Corporate Cup?
The Corporate Cup is an annual fundraising event for Operation Get Active.
What is Operation Get Active?
Operation Get Active is a health initiative program that uses the game of soccer to encourage young people to live active and healthy lifestyles. We are currently working in 22 Hamilton County elementary schools, and 3 middle schools. 21/22 elementary schools and all of the middle schools are all Title I schools.
How many players can register?
You can have up to 10 players register and a minimum of 5 players per team for the 5v5 games.
Can a company register multiple teams?
Absolutely! Each team will still have a fundraising goal of $1,000 no matter how many teams a company puts in.
What if the weather is bad?
We will continue to host the event rain or shine, so come prepared! The only possibility of canceling the event would be due to thunder and lightning. We will have a contingency date of May 4th, in place if that were to occur.
How will the tournament be formatted?
We will have 4 fields set up and 5 teams on each field. The winner of each field will advance to a semi-final game and then to a final game, in which the final game will be played during halftime of the CFC game that evening.
- 5 versus 5 - (5 players per team on the field at all times)
- Round robin style
- Unlimited subbing per game
- Further information regarding game duration will be released once the schedule is finalized
What are the rules?
- No slide tackling
- No CLEATS! Turf shoes and tennis shoes allowed
- Shin Guards not required but recommended
- Goalies allowed
- If the ball goes out of bounds the opposing team (the team who didn't kick the ball out) will restart play from their goal
- If a team accumulates more than 3 fouls, then the opposing team will be given a free penalty shot
- No yellow or red cards - please remember we are playing for fun :)